- In 2016 Bjørn Harald Færøvik and Amund Polden Arnesen decided to embark on a fools errand. The inspiration was traditional farmhouse brewing that still exists in hidden away pockets scattered all over the Nordic and Baltic countries. By combining traditional techniques and raw material with a wild and sour beer state of mind, a new way of making beer with untested commercial value was born. The goal was to charter a new path forward and create unique and new Nordic flavours to show the world. Maybe not a fools errand after all...
** Describe your beer profile? What are your priorities?
- We make beer with a sense of place. When you have an Eik & Tid beer you can be sure that this is a proper Norwegian beer with one foot in Nordic traditional brewing and the other in modern sour beer making. Flavour wise our beers are usually tart and fruity and with very little to no bitterness.
** Why are you attending Jernteppet Ølfestival in Hammerfest, Norway - insanely far north?
- This is our second visit to the festival and whats not to love. Great people, lovely nature and a commitment to making a high caliber festival in a pretty remote part of our beautiful country!
** Any fun facts we should tell the world?
- We don´t actually own a boil kettle. Our brewery is custom built to our process of choice. All our wort is unboiled and therefore all our beers are raw beers!
- To Øl (Danmark)
- Behind Bars Brewery (Båtsfjord, N)
- Freigeist Bierkultur (Tyskland)
- The Kernel Brewery (England)
- Sleeping Village Brewing (Oslo, N)
- Salikatt Bryggeri (Stavanger, N)
- Austmann Bryggeri (Trondheim, N)
- Lervig Aktiebryggeri (Stavanger, N)
- Graff Brygghus (Tromsø, N)
- 3 Sons Brewing Co (USA)
- Ølkymisten (Oslo, N)
- Eik & Tid (Oslo, N)